RaceCaller Forum

Always at the races

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-14 18:00:25

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

The other day, jamesie suggested that a 2017/18 thread be opened. The reason i am doing so is because 3 of the games in the following (rather speculative) acca are actually the first games of the new season in the respective leagues and, closer to home, the first round of the Betfred Cup in Scotand. Everybody happy with that:-)


1900;  Beroe @ 4/6
1930;  Pogon Szczecin @ 7/5
1945;  Kilmarnock @ 11/20
1945;  Shelbourne @ 1/3
2000;  Bohemians @ 13/8
2315;  Brasil de Pelota @ 11/10


Acca pays approx 44.5/1 - 365




Offline

 

#2 2017-07-14 18:06:18

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

And i've just checked back to when shrewd opened the 2016/17 thread and, would you believe, it was the 14th July 2016. What's even more spooky is that he opened the thread at 17;58 and 40 secs. I opened this one at 18;00 and 25 secs. How weird is that, eh? Hope that;s where the coincidence ends though as his opening post was a losing one:-/


Hahahahaha. 5 of the games have been played and i didn't get a single one correct. And, Brasil de Pelotas are already 1-0 down. You couldn't make it up could you? :-//

Last edited by defonotnewsboy (2017-07-14 23:29:41)

Offline

 

#3 2017-07-15 08:48:33

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

Down under - state leagues;


0930;  Rochedale
0930;  Gold Coast
0930;  FNQ Bulls
1000;  Hakoah Sydney
1000;  Hume City v Heidleberg Utd BTTS


Acca pays approx 11.5/1 - Willy Hill

Offline

 

#4 2017-07-15 10:56:53

shrewd
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2014-05-31
Posts: 6782

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

Gl this season Defo. Hopefully some of the regulars get back involved. 

Offline

 

#5 2017-07-15 12:23:38

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

shrewd wrote:


Gl this season Defo. Hopefully some of the regulars get back involved. 
Agree, shrewd. Sometimes feel as if i've kept this thread alive singe-handedly. Having said that, it could just be that the majority aren't all that keen on the minor European leagues - and, after some of the results i've had lately, i dont blame them:-//


Good luck to you, too shrewd, and may all your wins be greater than your losses0

Offline

 

#6 2017-07-15 12:25:57

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

Saturday acca;


1500;  Dunfermline
1500;  Hibernian
1500;  FC Copenhagen
1500;  Honka
1500;  Keflavik
1500;  BTTS & Malmo
1945;  Sligo
2030;  Vila Nova
2300;  Corinthians


acca pays just over 66/1 - 365

Offline

 

#7 2017-07-15 13:26:42

jr69
Forum Novice
Join Date: 2016-09-01
Posts: 74

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON


Man Utd to win the Premiership is the bet.


Banker!

Offline

 

#8 2017-07-15 17:42:09

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

We know a word that rhymes with 'banker', don't we children? :-)


Just found a fiver in my ex-wife's knickers - she knows no-one ever looks in there - and i've thrown it at the following acca;


1900;  Ottowa Fury @ 7/5
1900;  Shaktar Donetsk @ 1/1
1945;  Sligo @ 8/13
2030;  Vila Nova @ 21/20
2030;  America MG @ 4/6
2300;  Corinthians @ 4/9


Acca pays approx 37.25/1 - Laddies

Offline

 

#9 2017-07-16 02:40:07

abstruseboydy
Forum Novice
Join Date: 2017-04-15
Posts: 30

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

My first football bet of the 'new season'...


Doubtful many of you will see this to follow but Man Utd vs LA Galaxy is on at 3am. Jose has said he plans on changing his whole team after the first half and for the first half he is putting out;


De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Rashford.


This leaves Pogba, Lukaku, Mkitaryan, Martial, Mata fresh to come on the 2nd half so I'm quietly confident about the following bet;


Half to have the most goals - Second half 20/21 

Offline

 

#10 2017-07-16 10:15:46

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

abstruseboydy wrote:


My first football bet of the 'new season'...


Doubtful many of you will see this to follow but Man Utd vs LA Galaxy is on at 3am. Jose has said he plans on changing his whole team after the first half and for the first half he is putting out;


De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Rashford.


This leaves Pogba, Lukaku, Mkitaryan, Martial, Mata fresh to come on the 2nd half so I'm quietly confident about the following bet;


Half to have the most goals - Second half 20/21 
Well in m8........................just. Don't ya just love those late, late goals - sometimes:-)

Offline

 

#11 2017-07-16 10:47:26

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

1100 acca;


3rd from bottom Incheon have the worst home record in the South Korean K League Classic with 1-4-4-7-13. They entertain the 2nd best away side in the league, Gangwon, whose record reads; 5-2-3-18-18. Not the happiest of hunting grounds for Gangwon but this fixture has not taken place since 2013 and current league form would suggest an away win.


In the same league, Jeju's home form of 6-2-2-22-10 (3 of their last 4 home wins producing BTTS) ought to be enhanced today when they face Seoul whose away form hardly inspires confidence; 2-3-4-13-15. However, Seoul do have the knack of scoring away from home as they have done so in their last 7 aways - 3 of which they lost.


So;


BTTS & Jeju @ 14/5 (Win single)
Gangwon @ 13/10


Double pays 7.7/1


Also thrown in Avispa Fukuoka @ 11/20 and Shonan @ 1/1 from the Japanese J League 2.


Acca pays approx 26/1 - all at Willy Hill

Last edited by defonotnewsboy (2017-07-16 10:48:39)

Offline

 

#12 2017-07-16 13:30:00

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

Nothing doing with above bet - the 2 i singled out for special attention being the 2 that let the bet down:-((


7 home wins;



1500;  Palmeiras
1630;  Lahti
1630;  Ostersunds
1700;  Brondby
1700;  KA Akureyri
1700;  Molde
1700;  Odd


Pays just over 58/1 - Ladbrokes


BTTS &;


1630;  AIK @ 3/1 (Win single)
1700;  Molde @ 21/10
2100;  V Reykjavik v Valur DRAW @ 7/2 (Win single)


Treble pays approx 55/1, trixie returns just over 100 to unit stake - 365 

Offline

 

#13 2017-07-16 13:43:47

banditqueen
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-10-04
Posts: 2433

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

My main footy bets of the day


Bray Wanderers Vs Cork City = Bray Wanderers or Draw
Cruzeiro v Flamengo = Cruzeiro or Draw


Singles and  Doubles 
Goodluck All

Offline

 

#14 2017-07-16 13:54:45

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

banditqueen wrote:


My main footy bets of the day


Bray Wanderers Vs Cork City = Bray Wanderers or Draw
Cruzeiro v Flamengo = Cruzeiro or Draw


Singles and  Doubles 
Goodluck All

Prices? :-)

Offline

 

#15 2017-07-16 19:06:30

abstruseboydy
Forum Novice
Join Date: 2017-04-15
Posts: 30

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

defonotnewsboy wrote:


abstruseboydy wrote:


My first football bet of the 'new season'...


Doubtful many of you will see this to follow but Man Utd vs LA Galaxy is on at 3am. Jose has said he plans on changing his whole team after the first half and for the first half he is putting out;


De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Rashford.


This leaves Pogba, Lukaku, Mkitaryan, Martial, Mata fresh to come on the 2nd half so I'm quietly confident about the following bet;


Half to have the most goals - Second half 20/21 
Well in m8........................just. Don't ya just love those late, late goals - sometimes:-)


I actually fell asleep during the half time break so it was even sweeter this morning when I woke up! Dropped the ball by not realising LA were playing a reserve team the first half, luckily we got away with it! 

Offline

 

#16 2017-07-16 19:44:25

jr69
Forum Novice
Join Date: 2016-09-01
Posts: 74

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

defonotnewsboy wrote:


We know a word that rhymes with 'banker', don't we children? :-)


Just found a fiver in my ex-wife's knickers - she knows no-one ever looks in there - and i've thrown it at the following acca;


1900;  Ottowa Fury @ 7/5
1900;  Shaktar Donetsk @ 1/1
1945;  Sligo @ 8/13
2030;  Vila Nova @ 21/20
2030;  America MG @ 4/6
2300;  Corinthians @ 4/9


Acca pays approx 37.25/1 - Laddies



What's your problem?

Offline

 

#17 2017-07-17 09:30:00

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

jr69 wrote:


defonotnewsboy wrote:


We know a word that rhymes with 'banker', don't we children? :-)


Just found a fiver in my ex-wife's knickers - she knows no-one ever looks in there - and i've thrown it at the following acca;


1900;  Ottowa Fury @ 7/5
1900;  Shaktar Donetsk @ 1/1
1945;  Sligo @ 8/13
2030;  Vila Nova @ 21/20
2030;  America MG @ 4/6
2300;  Corinthians @ 4/9


Acca pays approx 37.25/1 - Laddies



What's your problem?

Well, seeing as how you ask. I have spondylosis in the left shoulder, arthritis in the left knee, diabetes 2, psoriasis and often suffer from depression. But i still managed to put a smiley face at the end of my post:-)
What's yours?

Offline

 

#18 2017-07-17 09:34:59

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

Another new, shiny week and yours truly is full of anticipation for the forthcoming betting opportunities. Then again, i always am on a Monday morning. By Saturday i am looking down the back of the chairs for lost loose change:-)


1130;  Kingston City home win
1200;  Anyang v Bucheon BTTS
1200;  Seoul E v Suwon draw


Treble pays just shy of 10/1 - Sky


BTTS & Kingston @ 11/4 - Main bet - 365
Kingston 2-1 @ 17/2 - 365

Offline

 

#19 2017-07-17 14:06:08

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

defonotnewsboy wrote:


Another new, shiny week and yours truly is full of anticipation for the forthcoming betting opportunities. Then again, i always am on a Monday morning. By Saturday i am looking down the back of the chairs for lost loose change:-)


1130;  Kingston City home win  WON 2-0
1200;  Anyang v Bucheon BTTS SCORE 1-3
1200;  Seoul E v Suwon draw DREW 0-0


Treble pays just shy of 10/1 - Sky


BTTS & Kingston @ 11/4 - Main bet - 365
Kingston 2-1 @ 17/2 - 365

Main bet and smaller bet both duck with Kingston winning 2-0 but very happy with the near 10/1 treble 00000

Offline

 

#20 2017-07-17 15:11:43

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

1630;  KuPS away win @ 13/10
1800;  Elfsborg home win @ 3/4
1800;  Odense home win @ 21/20
1800;  Kristiansund double chance @ 8/15
2100;  Stjarnan home win @ 6/5


Acca pays 27.5/1 - Sky


Odense lose 2-1 at home and the acca goes south:-(((

Last edited by defonotnewsboy (2017-07-17 23:07:08)

Offline

 

#21 2017-07-17 23:33:22

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

0000;  Botafogo RJ @ 4/5
0100;  Botafogo Sp @ 8/11
0100;  Crucero del Norte @ 11/10
0100;  San Martin T @ 8/133


Acca pays approx 19/2 - Willy Hill


Brazilians obliged, Argies did not:-(

Last edited by defonotnewsboy (2017-07-18 08:30:50)

Offline

 

#22 2017-07-18 02:22:48

abstruseboydy
Forum Novice
Join Date: 2017-04-15
Posts: 30

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

2017/18 Record 1-0 (+0.95u) 


Real Salt Lake vs Manchester United (3am BST)


Again, as a Man Utd fan, I've an interest in our friendly tonight vs Real Salt Lake. Last time we took the second half to have the most goals but this time I'm leaning with the opposite. Reason being it includes a hungry Lukaku who will be looking to bag supported by Mkitaryan/Pogba/Lingard (all who looked incredibly sharp). Real Salt Lake plan on doing plenty of changes throughout the game so there won't be much 'second half fatigue' from them. The weaker keeper and defence also on United's side in my opinion so it's probably the more likely time Real will bag a goal if any.


Half with most goals - First Half (15/8 B365)

Offline

 

#23 2017-07-18 18:18:57

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

Scottish cup - all 1945


All of the following home sides really ought to win - whether they will or not remains to be seen:-/


Airdrie @ 6/5
Albion Rovers @ 19/20
Alloa @ 8/11
Brechin @ 19/20
Edinburgh City @ 11/10
Kilmarnock @ 2/11
Q.O.S. @ 2/11
St Mirren @ 4/6


Pays 69.6/1 - Sky (£5 free bet hopefully nets me £348)




Offline

 

#24 2017-07-18 22:42:15

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

2315;  Paysandu 
2315;  Juventude
0030;  Guarani
0030;  Santa Cruz


Acca pays just over 9/1 - Sky


2 wins - 2 draws :-(

Last edited by defonotnewsboy (2017-07-19 09:09:49)

Offline

 

#25 2017-07-19 09:27:23

defonotnewsboy
Forum Pro
Join Date: 2010-07-12
Posts: 13006

Re: NEW FOOTBALL THREAD - 2017/18 SEASON

S Korea - all 1130


BTTS &:


Ulsan Hyundai @ 15/4 (Win single) WON 1-0 :-(
Seoul @ 7/2 (Win single) WON 5-1 :-)
Suwon Bluwings @ 15/8 WON 4-1 :-)


Either of the win singles will realise a profit.


Treble pays approx 60.5/1, trixie returns approx 109.5 to unit stake - 365


Profit already assured with win single on Seoul but greatly enhanced with near 13/1 double00000

Last edited by defonotnewsboy (2017-07-19 13:46:25)

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB

Message to